Renewable energy is the energy that is collected from renewable resources, which are naturally replenished on a human timescale, such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, waves, and geothermal heat.
These renewable energy resources such as wind and solar energy are constantly replenished and will never run out. Some of the forms of renewable energy sources are mentioned here.
It is the most free renewable energy source which we get either directly or indirectly from the sun i.e. Sunlight or solar energy. It can be used directly for heating, for generating electricity, for lighting homes, buildings, for water heating, solar cooling and for a variety of commercial and industrial uses. Solar Energy is an essential source of Renewable Energy & its technologies convert sunlight into electrical energy either through photovoltaic panels or concentrated solar power. This energy can be used to generate electricity or be stored in batteries or thermal storage.
Main Types of Solar Energy?
- Solar Photovoltaic Plants. Solar photovoltaic systems are the most common type of solar energy system that produces electricity directly from sunlight.
- Concentrated Solar.
- Solar Water Heating Systems.
- Technical Passive Solar Heating.
Advantages of Solar Energy
- Renewable Energy Source. Among all the benefits of solar panels, the most important thing is that solar energy is a truly renewable energy source.
- Diverse Applications.
- Reduces Electricity Bills.
- Low Maintenance Costs.